High on Life is a new first-person shooter game developed by Squanch Games, where players take on the role of an alien bounty hunter on a mission to protect Earth from an alien invasion. With a comedic twist, players will face various challenges and obstacles during their journey, and one of the most important skills to master is how to deflect heavy attacks. In this guide, we will walk you through everything you need to know about deflecting attacks in High on Life.
- Understanding the Basics of Deflecting Attacks Deflecting attacks in High on Life is a crucial part of the game. However, not all attacks can be deflected. Only heavy attacks, such as charged attacks, grenades, and missiles, can be reflected. To deflect these attacks, you will need to press the designated melee button at the right time, just before the attack is about to hit you. On Windows PC, the default melee button is the “F” key, and on Xbox, it’s the right stick of the controller.
- Acquiring the Right Weapon for Deflecting Attacks One important aspect of deflecting attacks in High on Life is having the right weapon. In this game, you need to acquire the talking knife, Knifey, to be able to deflect attacks. Knifey is the blade of Gene Zaroothian, which can be unlocked after stabbing two ants who were trying to sell the knife. You will encounter this situation when you accept the bounty to find 9-Torg through Bounty 5000 after wearing the bounty suit of Gene.
- Mastering the Timing of Deflecting Attacks The key to successfully deflecting attacks in High on Life is timing. You will need to press the melee button just before the attack is about to hit you. This may take some practice, but with time and patience, you will master the timing and be able to deflect heavy attacks with ease.
- Understanding the Types of Heavy Attacks In High on Life, there are different types of heavy attacks that you need to be aware of. These include charged attacks, grenades, and missiles. Each type of heavy attack requires a different approach, and it’s important to understand how to deflect each one effectively.
- Deflecting Charged Attacks Charged attacks are a type of heavy attack in High on Life that can be deflected with the right timing and the right weapon. To deflect a charged attack, you need to wait for the attack to be charged up, then press the melee button just before the attack hits you.
- Deflecting Grenades Grenades are another type of heavy attack that you will encounter in High on Life. To deflect a grenade, you need to wait for the grenade to be thrown, then press the melee button just before the grenade reaches you. This will deflect the grenade back towards the opponent, allowing you to take them out.
- Deflecting Missiles Missiles are a type of heavy attack that can be difficult to deflect, but with the right timing and the right weapon, you can succeed. To deflect a missile, you need to wait for the missile to be fired, then press the melee button just before the missile reaches you. This will deflect the missile back towards the opponent, giving you a chance to take them out.
Conclusion: Deflecting attacks in High on Life is an essential part of the game, and with the right timing, weapon, and understanding of the different types of heavy attacks, you can master this skill and survive in the harsh environment of the game